Association Friends of the island Šćedro is a non-profit, nonpartisan, religiously neutral and independent association of individuals and legal entities. It was established with an aim to protect the island’s environment as well as its cultural and natural heritage. The association will raise the awareness of the importance of the islands of Croatia.
The association achieves its objectives by performing the following activities:
- Cleaning up the island from waste and other actions aimed to protect the environment and nature of the island Šćedro
- Cooperation and consultancy with the relevant local government, regional government and state bodies and institutions of Croatia,
- Participation in public tenders for grants and encouragement of civil society,
- Providing information, promotion and education,
- Participation in national and international conferences related to the objectives and methods of the Association;
- Cooperation with domestic and international organizations, companies and individuals.